Teams accepted for training must commit to offering PD SELF in their respective PD communities over the next year, over an eight-month time period, depending on individual and community needs. The coursework totals 24 hours. Each monthly module is 3 hours.
In addition, applicants are expected to assume responsibility for local program administration tasks, such as:
- Engaging and briefing speakers
- Emailing monthly reminders
- Identifying, negotiating with and serving as liaison with meeting facility
- Maintaining up-to-date participant information
- Conducting periodic assessments
Please note that the monthly time commitment for Facilitators includes the above program administration tasks as well as preparing for the sessions.
Because teams are expected to host PD SELF in their home communities, we seek teams that can attract sufficient numbers of people newly diagnosed with PD and have the financial means to support the monthly costs of room rental and miscellaneous supplies (up to $500/$1,000 per program).